Do your medical educators practise according to defined and recognised professional standards? Do they have career progression guidance or benchmarks for their educator role?
The Academy of Medical Educators exists to improve patient care through teaching excellence. Joining the Academy as an individual means accepting and endorsing the concept of a professional and accountable teaching role, and linking with a community of practice to support attainment and maintenance of those standards over a career.
By becoming a Corporate Partner organisation you are supporting your medical educators in validating their practice against defined and recognised professional standards across the whole field of medical education. Partnership costs £500 per annum.
The Academy of Medical Educators will work with you to help develop your medical, dental or veterinary educators by offering:
- reduced conference fees and meeting rates for Academy events to your medical educators;
- group booking deals for all our events;
- preferential sponsorship deals and raised profile on our publicity materials and website;
- expert advice and assistance to plan bespoke training in your own location;
- support for your educators to develop local networks;
- mentoring from experienced senior educators, which is so vital for early career educators;
- clear evidence that you and your educators are committed to raising standards of patient care through promoting and fostering excellence in teaching.
As healthcare in the UK continues to experience challenging times and major change, education and training will come under more pressures. Maintaining explicit standards will safeguard training and the quality of care. The GMC’s published standards for clinical trainers have utilised work carried out by the AoME using our standards.
We believe that for providers, Corporate Partnership will improve assurance about your medical education and training provision, with increased consistency of delivery and reduced risks.
Please download the Corporate Partner application form here.